Inertial Labs has launched a new GNSS-assisted inertial navigation system. INS-DM is an IP68 version of the company’s new generation of super rugged units, protected against electromagnetic interference. The fully integrated device combines the Inertial Navigation System (INS) with an Attitude and Heading Reference System (AHRS) and an Air Data Computer (ADC).
The high-performance strapdown system determines the position, speed and absolute orientation (heading, pitch and roll) of any device it is mounted on. Horizontal and vertical position, velocity and orientation are determined with high accuracy for stationary and dynamic applications.
The INS-DM can support several types of micro-electromechanical (MEMS) inertial measurement units (IMUs) developed by Inertial Labs. The INS-DM also supports other IMUs like the Honeywell HG4930.
The INS-DM uses different multi-constellation GNSS receivers (GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BeiDou and QZSS) such as the NovAtel OEM7 series or the u-blox F9 series.
The optional ADC is supported by two Honeywell barometric sensors and the ability to support an internal fluxgate or an external self-contained magnetic compass. The INS-DM contains Inertial Labs new on-board sensor fusion filter, state-of-the-art navigation and guidance algorithms, and calibration software.
- Commercially exportable GNSS-assisted INS
- 3 in 1 strap system: INS + AHRS + ADC
- Honeywell or Inertial Labs Integrated MEMS Industrial, Tactical, or Navigation-Grade IMU
- Novatel OEM7 or u-blox ZED-F9P high precision GNSS receiver
- GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BeiDou, QZSS and real-time kinematic signals supported
- Total and static pressure sensors for indicated airspeed calculation
- SBAS, DGPS, RTK and PPP corrections supported for accurate real-time operation
- GNSS measurements and raw IMU data for post-processing
- Advanced and extendable built-in sensor fusion algorithms (app-based) based on Kalman filter
- State-of-the-art algorithms for different dynamic movements of helicopters, UAVs, ships and ground vehicles
- Full temperature calibration of all sensing elements
- EMC, EMI and ERD protection (MIL-STD-1275)
- Environmental sealing (IP68)
- Auxiliary data: wind sensor, air speed sensor, locator Doppler shift (for environments without long-term GPS), external position and external heading.
The INS-DM is the result of more than 20 years of Inertial Labs experience in developing and delivering INS solutions to land, sea and airborne platforms worldwide.