Lee Tipping tells court ‘his head is gone’ as he stabs his parents to death at their Higher Walton home


A man accused of murdering his parents at their Higher Walton home has told a court that his father was a cruel and manipulative bully.

Lee Tipping stabbed his parents Anthony Tipping, 60, and Patricia Livesey, 57, to death upstairs at their Cann Bridge Street home on November 20, 2021. Testifying at Preston Crown Court, the 36-year-old said that he lost control during a confrontation with his father, who had returned from the pub and started calling him cruel names.

He told the court he broke down his parents’ bedroom door while trying to order a pizza using the landline, which was located in their locked bedroom. Tipping said he tried to fix the door using nails from the shed and a hammer from his toolbox, but when that didn’t work, he ordered a replacement door “as an offering. of peace” and called his father to tell him what he had done.

READ MORE: Blackpool man Ronald Robinson was not unlawfully killed by police after choking to death on a pack of drugs

Anthony Tipping reportedly replied: “You better not have any”, before texting his son saying “fuck you. Don’t call or text”. Lee Tipping said he feared there would be trouble when Anthony and Patricia returned from the pub.

The scene in Higher Walton following the death of Lee Tipping’s parents

Tipping told the court he was lying on his bed, listening to music on Spotify when his parents came home. He heard his father running up the stairs, shouting insults related to his sanity and saying he needed to be locked up.

The defendant, who had just passed his driver’s license and was undergoing SIA safety training in the hope of getting a job, said: “It hurts. I felt destroyed. Someone who is supposed to s caring for you, being there for you and supporting you you were just tearing me apart. I was trying. I was doing the internship. I wanted to go to music school. It made me feel so great. (gestures)”

Tipping said he locked his bedroom door, but as the screaming continued, he went to the landing to confront his father. “We started fighting. It got nasty,” he said. My mother was yelling at us to stop. She screamed for help. That’s when the knife went in and I had to pull it out of his hand.”

Tipping told the court his “head went off” and he started “hacking everything”. “I lost control. I lost the plot. I just started hacking it. I had no intention of doing anything. That night, I just wanted to stay at home. home, go to sleep,” he said.

READ MORE: Met Office issues new nine-hour thunder and lightning weather warning for Lancashire today

He described the scene as being “like Friday the 13th or a dream”. After he killed his parents, Tipping said he sat on the landing with his head in his hands, wondering what was going on. “It all felt like a dream,” he said. “I had to get away from it all. I couldn’t be in the house anymore. I could see it all in my head. I couldn’t believe what had happened. I wanted to get away as much as possible.”

Tip got into his car and headed for Manchester Airport, but a glitch in his navigation system took him to Liverpool John Lennon Airport. When he arrived, he realized he had no Covid travel pass and turned around to go home.

He told the court that he collected his laptop, cell phone and bank card from his father and sat outside the house for three or four hours before heading to the airport in Manchester. He said he planned to be away for about a week to clear his head before coming back to face what he had done.

Floral tributes on Cann Bridge Street, Higher Walton, after a man and woman were found dead in a house
Floral tributes on Cann Bridge Street, Higher Walton, after a man and woman were found dead in a house

He searched for flights and went for a drink at the airport pub before taking a taxi to a Premier Inn in Manchester city center where he was arrested. On Sunday, November 21, Tipping underwent surgery for hand injuries he sustained “while fighting”.

After an assessment, he was taken to a secure unit at Guild Lodge. Arriving at the hospital, he said: “I panicked. I was fighting one on two. I didn’t want that. I didn’t want any trouble, I was going to start next week, a new week. I had the car – he was like a raging bull.”

In the witness box, Tipping said he looked forward to Christmas and the New Year with his parents and used the qualification he worked for to get a job as security for pubs, supermarkets and festivals in music. He hoped to leave home and take a music course in Salford to fulfill his dream of becoming a DJ.

However, he admitted he stopped taking his medication, which he was prescribed after he was admitted to hospital and diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia, OCD and anxiety. He said the week before the incident he had not slept and was deteriorating mentally.

Tipping denies murder, saying he lost control defending himself against his father. He will continue his testimony on Monday.



About Author

Comments are closed.