The last track before the 90th edition of the 24 Hours of Le Mans this weekend took place on Friday evening with two hours of nightly free practice. The #7 Toyota Gazoo Racing Hybrid GR010 Hypercar edged out the #8 GR010 Hybrid Hypercar on pole position by 0.3s as the teams prepared by strategizing over long stints.
In LMGTE Pro, the Corvette again led the way in a 1-2 formation, while in LMP2, the #23 United Autosports USA car finished the fastest session.
LMGTE Am honors go to the #77 Porsche Dempsey Proton driven by Harry Tincknell, Sébastien Priaulx and Christian Ried.
- José María López set the best time of the session with a 3m28.322s, the Argentinian completed a full stint behind the wheel in the final free practice session
- The #8 Toyota is 0.362s behind as Sebastien Buemi sets the fastest time for pole sitters in 3m28.684s
- Third position goes to the #708 Glickenhaus 007LMH who edge out the #709 Glickenhaus in fourth as the popular American prepares to enter the second 24 Hours of Le Mans and aims to improve on last year’s fourth position.
- The Alpine ELF Team trio composed of André Negrao, Nicolas Lapierre and Matthieu Vaxiviere finished the session in fifth position with a time of 3m31.039s
LM GTE Pro
- Corvette Racing leads again in LMGTE Pro with Nicky Catsburg setting fastest lap of 3m52.710s in the #63 Chevrolet Corvette
- Corvette Racing 1-2 in FP4 plus a Hyperpole session with the #64 Chevrolet Corvette driven by Nick Tandy, Alexander Sims and Tommy Milner just 0.021 seconds behind the sister car
- Porsche third and fourth as #91 leads #92 911 RSR-19 Porsche GT Team
- AF Corse ranks fifth and sixth with the n°52 ahead of the n°51 by 0.2s
- United Autosports USA’s #23 car is fastest in LMP2 as Oliver Jarvis sets the pace with a record 3m32.226s
- The British ace leads the No.65 Panis Racing team which makes its first top-six appearance until Job van Uitert culminates on a lap of 3m32.422s
- #28 JOTA car shared by Ed Jones, Oliver Rasmussen and Jonathan Aberdein ranks third
- Prema Orlen Oreca-Gibson is fourth and splits JOTA pair as #38 car completes top five
- The #47 Algarve Pro Racing entry is the fastest Pro/Am division rider with John Falb, Jack Aitken and Sophia Floersch all getting track time
- Harry Tincknell ensures #77 Porsche Dempsey Proton leads LMGTE Am as two-time Le Mans class winner breaks lap times in 3m55.067s
- This time is 0.196s faster than the No.88 Dempsey Proton entry shared by Maxwell Root, Fred Poddard and Jan Heylen
- AF Corse’s #61 Ferrari claims third position but the pole-sitter LMGTE Am car stops on track in the dying moments of the session and is towed to safety near the start-finish line